Morningstar’s TriStar Controller is a three-function controller that provides reliable solar battery charging, load control or diversion regulation. The controller operates in one of these modes at a time and two or more controllers may be used to provide multiple functions.
The TriStar uses advanced technology and automated production to provide exciting new features at a competitive cost. The optional TriStar meter is the most sophisticated and informative controller meter on the market. The controller is UL listed and is designed for both solar home systems and professional applications.
- 12 to 48 Volt 45 Amp Morningstar TriStar 45 Solar regulator.
- The TriStar is a three-function controller that provides reliable solar battery charging, load control or diversion regulation.
- Large heat sink and conservative design enables operating at full ratings to 60°c so no need to de-rate
- Ratings up to 60 Amps at 48 VoltDC will handle solar arrays up to 4Kw
- 3 LED's to indicate status, faults, and alarms.
- Optional meter displays extensive system and controller information, automatic self-test and reset. Meter Connection via Rj-11 phone jack
- Displays in 5 languages. RS-232 connects to a personal computer for custom settings, data logging and remote monitoring and control.
- DIP Switch provides user with choice of 7 digital presets with additional custom settings available via RS-232.
- Simple mechanical interface
- Connecting battery sense wires and optional remote temperature sensor will improve control accuracy.
- Constant voltage series PWM algorithm increases battery capacity and life
- Pushbutton provides manual reset and stop/start battery equalisation or load disconnect.
- Reverse Polarity Protection (any combination)
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Overcurrent Protection
- Lightning and Transient surge Protection using 4500w Transient voltage suppressors
- High Temperature protection via automatic current reduction or complete shut down
- Prevents reverse current from battery at night.
- Constant Voltage series PWM design to provide highly efficient battery charging
- 4-Stage charging to increase battery capacity and life: Bulk Charge, PWM regulation, Float and Equalise
- Parallel for larger Solar Arrays up to 300 amps or more
- Starts large loads including motors and pumps with no damage to controller
- Allows in-rush current to 300 Amps
- Electronic Short-Circuit and Overload Protection with Automatic reconnect
- Low Voltage Disconnect is Current compensated and has a delay to avoid false disconnects
- May be used for Solar, Wind or Hydroelectric
- To Protect against battery overcharge, excess energy is diverted from primary battery to a secondary battery or alternate DC resistive load
- PWM reduces power into diversion load during overcurrent conditions
|Rated Solar, Load or Diversion Current
||12v to 48v
<0.1% +/- 50mV
<0.1% +/- 100mV
|Minimum voltage to operate
|Maximum Solar Open Circuit Voltage (Voc)
|Operating Ambient Temperature
-40°c to +60°c
-40°c to +60°c
||-55°c to +85°c
||100% NC (non-condensing)
||Conformal Coating on both sides of all printed circuit boards
||260mm x 127mm x 71mm
- TriStar Meter - 2 x 16 display mounts to controller and provides system and controller information, data logging, bar graphs and choice of 5 different languages
- TriStar Remote Meter - Includes 30 meters of cable for mounting meter away from controller
- Remote Temperature Sensor - Includes 10 meters of cable, provides temperature compensated charging by measuring temperature at the battery
*Specifications subject to change without notice